Ateam Entertainment Inc. (hereinafter, “we” or “us”) recognizes the social importance of protecting personal information and is committed to adhering to the following policy concerning the protection of the various kinds of personal information entrusted to us.
Section 1: Basic Personal Information Protection Policy
- Unless otherwise provided as exceptions in law, we notify and disclose the purpose of utilizing personal information and acquire such information in a legal and appropriate manner. We only use personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose of use.
- We respect personal dignity and commit to safeguarding all personal information in our possession in compliance with all applicable laws, national guidelines, and other regulations concerning personal information with respect to social order, in addition to adhering to our internal regulations.
- We have assigned a Personal Information Protection Management Coordinator, who, being aware of the risks of personal information leaks, loss, and damage, has constructed and exercises reasonable safety measures and continuously makes improvements to them. In addition, we also strive to maintain accurate and up-to-date personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- We have established an internal system for protecting personal information and operate it to effect. In addition, we continuously improve the system taking into account the business environment and trends in information technology in order to maintain the protection system’s appropriateness.
- We have established a contact point for complaints and consultation related to personal information and strive to respond promptly and appropriately.
Ateam Entertainment Inc.
Dai Nagoya Building 32F, 28-12 Meieki 3-chome,
Nakamura-ku, Nagoya 450-6432, Japan
Yukimasa Nakauchi, President
Section 2: Handling of Personal Data
We comply with all laws and regulations concerning personal information protection and handle it in an appropriate manner as described below. There are some situations in which part or all of the provisions of this Section 2 do not apply, or, alternatively, provisions related to the handling of personal information that are separately published within our services apply in addition to those in this Section 2. Please refer to “Article 7: Application Scope” for details.
Personal Information Management
- We strive to protect acquired personal information and have implemented appropriate safety measures in accordance with laws, guidelines, and internal regulations to prevent personal information leaks, loss, or destruction/damage. Our employees are trained in the correct handling of personal information and take all possible measures for its protection.
- Within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use, we may outsource personal information handling operations in part or in whole to a third party. In such a case, we shall provide necessary and appropriate direction to the third party to ensure they safely handle personal information.
- If you wish to know the details of the safety management measures, please contact the Ateam Entertainment Inc. Personal Information Service Desk in “Article 9: Inquiries” below.
Acquisition and Purpose of Use
2.1Definition of “Personal Information”
“Personal Information” means information relating to a living individual described below.
- Name, date of birth or other details contained in such information, that can identify the specific individual (including information that in reference to other information enables identification of a specific individual).
- Information which contains an individual’s Identification Code prescribed by Cabinet Order under Article 2, paragraph (2) of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
2.2Purpose of Use
Unless otherwise specified, we acquire personal information for the following purposes and use it within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose:
For Users of our services (hereinafter “Services”)
- To provide notices and guidance of Services, and/or to explain and provide services operated by partner companies (“partner companies” are defined as companies we are affiliated with to provide Services, and the same definition shall apply hereafter);
- To operate, develop, and maintain Services;
- To offer, confirm registration, and provide membership Services;
- To confirm usage of Services;
- To gather information to improve Services or to develop new Services;
- To notify about maintenance or other important information regarding Services;
- To ensure the safe provision of Services;
- To send e-mail newsletters of Services;
- To notify and operate campaigns that we hold or cooperate to hold;
- To share information regarding Services or to contact for campaigns;
- To conduct surveys regarding Services;
- To deliver goods purchased through Services or prizes of rewards for campaigns, etc.;
- To conduct marketing research for appropriate advertising;
- To create statistics data regarding the use of Services;
- To propose goods and services directly, by our affiliated companies, or by partner companies and/or advertisers; and
- To respond to inquiries we received.
For Client Companies
- To contact for business opportunities;
- To improve Services, for marketing research, or development of new Services;
- To notify of and operate campaigns that we hold or cooperate to hold; and
- To conduct questionnaire surveys regarding Services.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We do not provide personal information to any third parties, except in the following cases:
- Prior consent is obtained from you;
- We outsource personal information handling operations in part or in whole within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use;
- The personal information is provided in connection with a business succession due to merger, company split, business transfer, or any other reasons;
- Provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of a human life, body, or property, and acquiring your consent is difficult;
- Provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a governmental organization or a local government, or an individual entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining your consent is likely to impede the execution of affairs concerned;
- The disclosure of personal information is required by a court, public prosecutor’s office, police, or other organization that possesses authority similar to these through appropriate procedures;
- When provided to academic research institutions, etc., for the purpose of academic research (including cases where part of the purpose is for academic research and except in cases where there is a risk of unjust harm on the rights and interests of individuals.); or
- When otherwise permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations.
We may jointly use personal information described below. Please refer to (2) of “Article 7: Application Scope below to see cases that are exempt from joint use.
Scope of Joint Use
Our group companies (see below for details)
Purpose of Joint Use
Personal Information in Joint Use
Attribute information such as name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, and occupation, gender and other information provided, usage history of Services, contents of inquiries, etc.
Entity Responsible for Management of Personal Information in Joint Use
Ateam Entertainment Inc.
Method of Acquisition
Through business operations and inquiries of each our group companies, verbally, written (including application forms, electronic records, web information, etc.), recorded, and by other legal methods
- Scope of Joint Use
Request of Disclosure, etc. and Procedures Regarding Personal Information
In case that the customer himself/herself wishes to disclose, amend, add to, or remove their personal information, please contact the Personal Information Service Desk in Article 9 of this Section. Please be aware when making inquiries that identity confirmation is required (except when identity confirmation is not required by law). For details about procedures regarding disclosure, amendment, addition, or removal of personal information, please contact the Ateam Entertainment Personal Information Service Desk below.
Handling of Cookies, Etc. on Websites
We acquire statistical usage data from cookies and web beacons to improve Services, analyze statistics data, and measure performance of advertisements.
- A “web beacon” is a small image file embedded in a website that we use to track whether someone has visited our website, number of visits, etc. that we use to analyze performance. Web beacons contain no information that can be used to identify an individual.
6.2Advertisements Through Third-Party Distributors (*1)
Services may be advertised on the web via third-party distributors such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. These third-party distributors display advertisements based on websites accessed in the past by using identification information such as cookies. In addition, we may encrypt personal information we stored and display advertisements based on the result of collating with the information stored by these third-party distributors. These third-party distributors use encrypted data solely for the purpose of displaying advertisements. If you wish to opt out of advertisements from these third-party distributors, please see below.
- Google LLC
- Meta Platforms, Inc.
- Twitter, Inc.
- LINE Corporation
Opt Out https://terms.line.me/line_rules_optimize (Japanese)
- CyberAgent, Inc.
Opt Out https://www.dynalyst.jp/legal/policy/optout.html (Japanese)
6.3Advertisements with Facebook Custom Audiences
We use Facebook Custom Audiences for displaying advertisements based on the usage status of Services. Please see Facebook’s explanation on Custom Audiences (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/744354708981227?id=2469097953376494) for more details. If you wish not to see ads that use Facebook Custom Audiences, please follow Facebook’s instructions on how to opt out (https://www.facebook.com/about/ads).
6.4Use of Access Analysis Tools
- AppsFlyer (AppsFlyer, Inc.)
Terms of Service https://www.appsflyer.com/terms-of-use/
- Social Insight (User Local, Inc.)
Terms of Service https://social.userlocal.jp/document/terms_social/ (Japanese)
- Google Analytics (Google LLC)
Terms of Service https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/
Situations in Which This Section Does Not Apply
The content of this Section does not apply to those who have applied for employment, and instead the terms specified in the link below shall apply (Japanese).
Situations in Which Part of This Section Does not Apply
“Article 4: Joint Use” above does not apply to personal information collected from applications or related services.
Situations in Which Other Conditions in Addition to This Section Apply
- Situations in Which This Section Does Not Apply
We have the following contact point for troubles and consultation related to personal information.
Ateam Entertainment Inc. Personal Information Service Desk
Address: Dai Nagoya Building 32F, 28-12 Meieki 3-chome, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya 450-6432, Japan
Enacted: Aug 1, 2021
Amended: Apr 1, 2022